Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Love in your Heart

It's been sometime since I last wrote. Rather last posted here.
Have been promising myself and some other friends that I would post asap. But that did not come to be.

So here's one that I wrote sometime in December.

To what place will you go, my love?
To which place will you flee?
To what land will you run to, my dear?
To go away and hide from me?

You may wrap yourself from the cold winter breeze,
Or hide yourself from the summer's heat.
You may shut your ears to every bird of spring,
But how can you not listen to your own heart beat?

You may lock every door and throw the keys.
Or walk away from every crowded street.
Tell me, my love, how can you possibly run away,
From the very shadow beneath your feet?

Don't think that I am far away my dear.
Think of me and I'm by your side.
Don't look for me in some distant land,
It is within you that I hide.

I am not the one you've heard, seen or met.
I do not play such a little part.
I am every loving feeling and thought you've had.
I am the Love in your heart.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unless you are talking about the Universal love here, you sound more like a stalker!

guptaghost said...

awesome brother.

must say was mightily impressed. dont know if you have thought of it. but if you dissect it into its intricacies, you might observe that the most beautiful part of it is:

1) the divergence(separation from) of the individual from his love. and their meandering journey apart(and in turns together)

2) the ultimate convergence of them both(singularity) through a point as simple as realisation.

3) the very treatment of love as an individual, and the individual as love itself.

Divya said...

Iam speechless..

Siddharth said...

It was awesome, the poetry and its simplicity were both impressive and profound. Keep up the good work. you could use more word pictures to paint a more colorful picture. And being a good friend and a somewhat amateur poet, I would like to mention that you should show a little more consistency, the second para, talks about the highlight of season and it seems as if for want of rhyming suddenly you switch to the heart beat. Sorry and pardon if you think it is wrong

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Welcome to Thoughts/Ashwin