Friday, November 17, 2006

A Gift to God

What shall I give You, O' Lord?
You have given everything to me.
All that I have in this world, O' Lord,
Is your loving gift to me.

Shall I gift You a fragrant flower, My Lord?
It's Your fragrance the flower gives to me.
Shall I offer You a fruit, My Lord?
It is You who made the fruit so sweet.

Shall I give You my heart, O' Lord?
But does not my heart already belong to Thee?
Shall I make a prayer My Lord?
My prayers You have already granted me.

I can give You my love, My Lord,
That love too is Your gift to me.
What can I give You O'Lord?
Please Please Please help me.

Is it Your voice that I hear O'Lord?
Is this what You are telling me?
"What can you possibly give Me, My child?
When You are mine, and you belong to Me.

"The best thing you cna do for Me, My child,
Is to give away the love that I gave to thee.
Love all My childre as I love you, My child,
That way you would me loving Me.

"Love is all I want, My child!
Love is My best gift to Thee.
Love in you heart is Mine, My child!
Love is your best gift to Me."

That one was written on the 26th of October '02.

No comments:

Welcome to Thoughts/Ashwin