Wednesday, November 08, 2006

No more my own!!

This one is somewhat closer to the present. 3rd Jan '05. A very painful time in my life. But then it was a very important part of my life. Amazing lessons learnt. Sort of defining period of my life.
And life went on... and goes on.
Here goes...

There's one thing in life, I've never known,
If there was someone in life I could call my own.
And then you came along, and I thought I was home.
But before I knew, you were gone.

You, my love, are no more my own.

You came into my life like a beautiful dawn.
Lit up my nights like the soothing moon.
You were the oasis across the desert dunes.
You were the cool breeze in the summer afternoons.

But now, my love, you are no longer my own.

Now, in my hear, there's only pain.
Your thoughts and memories driving me insane.
I've lost everything in love; nothing to gain...

And I don't remember why I stopped it here. May be, there was no point in going on.
The story had to end. And am glad that it did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm! Kiddo,
I understand. But life goes on, what?

Anonymous said...

Now that time has passed, why don't you continue this thread...

I do not agree with
I've lost everything in love; nothing to gain...

To love is to experience something sublime and elevating. It is Love that is important, more than everything. More than even the object of the love. You never lose anything in love. It does not matter if you attain the object of your love or not. To have loved with all one's heart is to have experienced a newer dimension in life - a life beyond your own limited existence. an experience of the joy of living for someone else.

I had read a story somewhere, in which the author says something like - I told her that I love her as much as I love this world. And she left in a huff. But what greater compliment could I give her.

Think about it...

Unknown said...

Dont know what to say
but it was beautiful
kinda strange
painful 4 u yet beautiful 4 others

Miracle World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Welcome to Thoughts/Ashwin